Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #14

The wiki projects were interesting. The students were very interactive with the wikis. After reading Wiki Wiki teaching, I wanted to see how high school students used a wiki. I looked at Math 12V Outcomes Portfolio. The teacher put together a full course outline with the help of the students. The students had assignments to complete from the wiki and guidelines for posting. It was well organized with examples. I also looked at a few middle school wikis. In Room 15 Wiki, the teacher made sure to include every subject the students were studying. It is a good resource for the parents to know what is going on in the classroom. I liked the way Discovery Utopias used the students as the facilitators. At the bottom of the page it referenced students to contact if you needed help posting. It put the teaching in to the hands of the students. I think wikis are good for collaborating of project and creating study material.

No comments:

Post a Comment