Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #23

I am overwhelmed by Ning. I am having information overload. There is so much to read on just the first page. I don't like the layout. It was too much for me. It felt like a mess. On the other hand, the 23 Thingsters was much better. There weren't so many side bars and information to read. I like looking at smaller chunks. I think this would be good for departments to share within the district. The discussion would be good for ideas on using the materials provided for the subject or new ways to teach a lesson. When I go to staff development, people are always writing down ideas to steal from. A discussion would be a good way to get the strategies shared.

The discussion can be useful. I did like Creatively teaching math through technology. Even though the discussion started in 2007, people have continued to comment good suggestions. This would be a good place for me to go when I have run out of ideas to search for on Google. Collaboration with colleagues whether with in our own district or half way around the world can only enrich the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment