Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #8

I have never noticed the CC on websites. I have seen it on t.v. I thought it meant closed captioning. This is new to me. I didn't realize there were works that you could modify without breaking the law. I have used pictures in some presentations and never even thought about the copyright laws. I assumed that if it was on the Internet in things like google images it was legal to use. With the advancement of technology, copyright laws needed to keep up. Sites like Wikipedia change the way information is published. Creative commons can have a negative effect for people who don't want someone modifying and sharing their works. As a teacher, I tend to look at things a little differently. I would want someone to improve upon my work. There is always something better or a mistake missed that can be corrected with creative commons.

1 comment:

  1. If someone doesn't want their work modified, they would not use Creative Commons licensing. That's why it's so important for us to use (and teach students to use) media that has a Creative Commons license.

    ReplyDelete