Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #2

I teach 7th grade math at Berry Middle School. I am going into my eighth year of teaching. When I started teaching it was drilled into my head to use cooperative learning as much as possible. With in the last few years technology in the classroom has been pushed. I thought I was doing an okay job of incorporating technology into my classroom because I used a few programs that came with the textbook. However the more I learn about all the different applications and how much the more my students know than I do, I feel behind and overwhelmed. I didn't realize how little I do until I started looking at all that is available to use. I see how much further I need to go to catch up and stay ahead. My students are more engaged with the lesson when I have used the little bit of technology I know. I have been trying to learn more communication tools to stay in touch with family and friends. In this process, I have brought some of my family members behind in the times up to date on social networking. I feel like I need more web 2.0 to enrich my teaching.

1 comment:

  1. You are in the right place to learn about all these things! By the time you finish, you will have lots of new tools to use.

    ReplyDelete