Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #7b

I read some sad stories this week. I pasted on all the Michael Jackson stories. I hear about it too much on the t.v. to read about it on the Internet. I read Girl, 14, Survives Crash of Yemeni Jet. It is amazing that she survived a crash into the ocean. She was in the right place at the right time. It is sad to know that the plane already had problems and was not taken out of rotation. I also read 7 Teenagers Are Shot Near Detroit School. It is awful that people would do that to kids who were coming home from summer school. It must be terrifying for those parents to know that they are not even safe waiting for the school bus. This article showed me how sheltered we are from the violence of a large city. Sometimes we can get in the thinking that we are in a rough school but then you read something like this and know you are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment