Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #22

I had friends who have tried to get me on MySpace and it didn't work. Now they are trying to get me on Facebook. Up to this point it didn't work. It took this assignment to get me to be a social networker. I am not a huge fan of the world knowing what I am doing every moment. I think it is important for educators to know about Facebook and Myspace because students today are very involved with both. Students are communicating in so many ways that it is hard to keep up with. It is important to know what they are looking at and how they use it. I liked Facebook more because you have more control over who is looking at your posts. I could see setting up a profile for my class. It would be a great way to communicate the way the students do.

My first social networking profile on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook is a lot of fun and you are able to customize who sees what.

    ReplyDelete