Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #16

I liked Librarything. It was neat to see how you can have your own library catalog just from what you have read. I didn't sign up for an account but I would use it in a different way. If I really like an author, I tend to read everything they have write. When I am done with that author and waiting for their next book I try to find another one. Sometimes this is hard for me. I will go to the local library (I believe in renting books) and come home with about 3-4 books I thought I might like. I read about the first 50 pages and if it doesn't grab me I move on. When I go to return, I haven't finished a single book. So when I do find something I like I read everything from that author. Librarything has a recommendations link that can be really helpful to someone like me. I tried it with one author and found a book she wrote I didn't know about. It also gave me other books that were similar. I would use it for the recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great use for LibraryThing! I agree with you - there are too many choices out there to spend time reading something that you aren't enjoying.

    ReplyDelete